Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Honest Scrap Award




The rules for this particular award are as follows:

1. Brag about the award. I have not gotten an award for a while and I was really pleased to get this one. It's pretty and it makes me smile!


2. Include the name of the blogger who gave you the award and link back to that blogger. Terry at Oh For Pete's Sake gave me this great Award. She is my adopted daughter and I love her to pieces. She's funny, cool, and sooooo savvy! I think she is one of the funniest, and funnest women I have ever known.


3. Choose a selection of blogs that you find brilliant in honest content.

I have read and enjoyed the following blogs, written by wonderful, candid and charming writers.

How Much Longer Till Friday written by Small Town Girl. She's funny, clever, a great writer, and crazy funny!

I also love reading the adventures of Willow Silverhorse, author of A College Witch's Experiences. She is a very talented writer and I think her articles are amazing. (Now you ask her what the Chicken Masks are all about! She won't answer me!)

Gun Diva at Just Another Perfect Day is a great storyteller! This awesome lady wore cowboy boots with her wedding dress and totally rocked both!


Anybody Listening? is written by a deep and mysterious woman who calls herself Middle Child. Some of what she writes is absolutely haunting in its beauty and sometimes stunning sadness.

4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with this award.

Will do!

5. List at least ten honest things about yourself.

Ten Honest Things:

1. When I was 11, I wanted to be a nun.

2. When my mom was sick and I was about 8, I made egg sandwiches for my sisters. I dropped one egg on the floor and it killed a spider. I fed it to my sister anyway.

3. I'm addicted to Werther's caramel hard candies.

4. I slept with a cab drive one rainy afternoon because I was bored. (This was NOT when I was married so it's not that bad. I mean, I could have robbed a bank or something. All I did was boink a cab driver!)

5. I almost joined the Air Force when I was 17.

6. I got a two and a half carat marquis shaped diamond ring for our 10th anniversary from Alex.

7. I got a Cartier wristwatch for my 60th birthday from Alex.

8. I have a hard time following directions and people think I'm smarter than I am.

9. I eat peanut butter right out of the jar with a spoon.

10. I talk in my sleep.

11. I love hard core rap music.

12. I drink Diet Coke. I hate Diet Pepsi!

No comments:

Post a Comment