Thursday, October 14, 2010

Sapphires Are Good

I love jewelry. Diamonds, rubies, pearls, they all work for me.

Alex gave me this white gold and sapphire bangle bracelet for our 21st anniversary. I really find it pretty exquisite. The bracelet is a John Hardy design. He's pretty famous I gather.

I gave Alex an IPad for our anniversary. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One year I gave him a few rare baseball cards. He was thrilled. Go figure.

I also gave him a set of rims for his car. He was so excited about those rims. Uh huh. I get it. Rims are great.

I am very easy to shop for. A leather Gucci bag and I'm delighted. Diamond and ruby bracelets? Oh yeah, that works for me! Black pearl earrings? Yes! A Chanel jacket? Wonderful! Prada pumps? You just can't go wrong.

Do you have any idea how wrong you can go with car and tech toys? I can assure you the results can be scary, particularly because I know absolutely nothing about cars or tech stuff.

And what's worse, I don't want to know. Alex will blab on and on about something that I don't know what it is and I try to get it for him. Blue Tooth, Blue Ray, excuse me? I don't know what either one is, so it makes it hard to buy one.

On the other hand, say "blue sapphire" and you really can't go wrong unless you go too small. In this case, that's not a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment