Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Bad Decision Queen

Congressman Anthony Weiner has nothing on me.

I sort of feel for the guy. Yeah, he did something stupid and impulsive. I've done stupid and impulsive things all my life.

Keeping explicit "love notes" from my boyfriend at the home I shared with my husband is one good example. (No, no, not this husband, another one.)

Making out with my Pakistani English Professor three days before I got married was another little judgment lapse. (But I wasn't married yet, and no, not this husband either.)

Getting a boyfriend drunk and taking all of his money when he passed out was probably not the nicest thing I ever did either. All I can say is that it was stupid and impulsive and I was bad. It was nobody's fault that I did bad things except my own.

Inappropriate emails! Oh Good Golly, Miss Molly! I've sent my share. And I've received my share too. I can't claim to have sent photos of my crotch, unless you count the occasional upskirt.

Now on the other side of the coin, I help people who need help. I am good to little kids and old people. And I love my dogs.

Anthony Weiner has been a shining star in his efforts to help the downtrodden and he has done a lot for the people who put him in office. I saw the famous photo of him in his jockey shorts, and honestly, I don't think it was that big a deal. Was it being stupid? Yeah, probably. But give me someone stupid about naughty photos who tries to do the right thing about the important stuff any day of the week. Weiner's career may be over because of this mess, but I hope it isn't.

He's a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment