Monday, June 11, 2012

A Sense Of Accomplishment - Day 11

Sometimes I feel like "Procrastination" should be my middle name.

I went from an unmarried poverty-stricken high school graduate with two kids to a rich bitch.  Okay, it took me a long time, I admit, but still!

"Rich bitch" is an exaggeration.  But I went from being hungry to being over-fed.  Get my drift?

What could be a better accomplishment than that?

I worked for many years dealing with deadlines and commitments.  I never missed a deadline, even if it meant I worked until 3:00 AM to get a proposal or a presentation done.  I worked for architects (the worst) and engineers (the best) and I was fairly successful in my area of expertise.

Architects are flaky.  Engineers are meticulous.  Architects want to dither around until the last possible moment before committing to anything.  Engineers are generally much more likely to be on schedule.

When I started this blog, I tried to write a post daily for a while.  Then I realized that I really didn't enjoy reading other bloggers daily posts.  It took up too much time to go around to all the blogs I read and try and keep up.  So I determined that twice a week would be a good compromise.

Keep in mind, it's not that I didn't enjoy reading other people's material because I did.  But damn!  I can't be chained to a computer for 12 hours a day every day.

When I saw that Nicky and Mike (We Work For Cheese) had decided to have a little writing competition for the month of June, I decided to participate.  Part of the reason is because I love Nicky and Mike.  But part of the reason is that I wanted to see if I could still meet a deadline if I tried.  We are a third  the way through with this little challenge and so far so good.

This is making me feel accomplished!  I also feel accomplished when I go out into my lovely garden.  In ten years it's changed from a nightmare to a dream.  It's one of my favorite places.  I have had success and failure in the garden, but in most ways, it's gorgeous.

Another accomplishment I think I have is that I have good happy pets.  And a good happy husband.   I would say that I accomplished raising two delightful kids, but they did a lot of it by themselves.  Maybe I gave them some early tools,but they are both people I'm very proud of.

Damn!  I'm impressed with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment